Manager with 11+ years of management experience in "big box" retail seeking an internship in software development before attending a university to continue my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Comprehension of Java, Android, C/C++ Languages
- Understanding of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Worked in Android Studio, Eclipse, and Visual Studio IDEs
- Usage of GIT VCS
- Customer Service Oriented
- Complaint handling and finding fair solutions
- Maintaining a positive work environment
- Teambuilding and Training
- Excellent verbal and written commnuication skills
Hourly Associate in the CSIT Department
Worked with professor in setup and use of Makergear M2 3D printer. Also, built and demonstrated Arduino robotics projects. Projects included building of an Android application to control an Arduino robot using Bluetooth technology, and an Arduino robot that uses infrared for avoidance detection. A couple of my school projects are located on my GitHub page at https://github.com/DryWaters.
Assistant Store Manager, Fremont, CA
Customer Service Department District Manager, San Jose, CA
Customer Service Department Manager, Renton, WA
Audit Department Manager, Tempe, AZ
May 2013-December 2014
February 2005 – May 2013
May 2004 – February 2005
November 2003 – May 2004
Starting from a Customer Service Associate, I was promoted through the ranks to second in charge of a multimillion dollar inventory store with over 150 associates. During my 13-year career with Fry’s, I was selected to assist in all areas of Customer Service from hiring and setup of store grand openings to running of merchandising stores at the Fry’s.com Open. Notable job responsibilities include:
- Created policies and procedures for the entire company to reduce labor and increase efficiency. Many of these were software change requests to the company’s POS systems.
- Prepared and presented weekly and quarterly presentations to be shared with company executives. These included weekly video conferencing presentations with all Customer Service and Café Departments.
- Represented the company in small claims court to resolve customer complaints in legal matters.
Santa Clara, CA
A.S in Computer Information Systems
Also received the following programming certificates:
- Computer Information Systems - Certificate of Achievement.
- C/C++ Programming - Certificate of Proficiency.
- Computer Programming - Certificate of Proficiency